Every Wednesday I share five things I liked and think you might like too. Here are this week’s five things…
- If you're a fan of Serial or true-crime stories, check out the In The Dark podcast. I started listening last week, it's very good.
- After recently finishing series three of Black Mirror, the news of Adobe's Project Voco (the photoshop of speech) freaking me out just a little.
- Given today's (rather shocking) US election news and general chaos of 2016, we could all probably do with a little calm. I found reading this helped. It's a bit of a long read so just pick a section, take what you need from it and then stop... Or get comfy and read the whole thing like I did!
- On the theme of calm, I just discovered the ambient/ drone/ postminimalist music of Rafael Anton Irisarri. Spotify summarises it well "His recordings heavily utilise field recordings, bowed guitars, strings, and electronics, creating dense clouds of blurry, hypnotic sound that often have a mournful, elegiac quality." His album A Fragile Geography is a good place to start.
- This video might be the best thing on the internet. Watch and smile.