Five Things #37
Every Wednesday I share five things I liked and think you might like too. Here are this week’s Five Things…
- Since the passing of David Bowie a year ago, there have been many great articles written about him. This might just be my favourite. I particularly love this quote: "How starstruck, after all, can anybody feel after the object of one’s veneration says, early on, without a trace of irony, that he was excited to start a new project because: 'Now I get to do one of my favourite things. Go to a stationery store and get Sharpies and Post-its!'" Rock star, musical genius and stationary fan.
- I recently stumbled on a BBC series from 1972 called "Ways Of Seeing". So far, I've only watched the first episode, but highly recommend it. You can watch the whole series here on Youtube.
- An interesting piece on the importance of music in our lives.
- A long and moving read on B.J Miller and his "Quest to Change the Way We Die". He's a fascinating guy. A doctor, triple amputee... and the proud owner of a motorbike.
- I've just discovered the music of Julia Holter... I have no idea how or why it's taken me so long to hear of her music! Here she is performing her song In The Green Wild on KEXP.