Five Things #57
Every Wednesday I share five things I've liked and think you might like too. Here are this week’s Five Things…
- What happens in the brain when someone improvises? Musician and researcher Charles Limb put jazz musicians and rappers into an fMRI to find out.
- Last week, NASA's Juno spacecraft completed its first close flyby of Jupiter. The data it's sent back to earth has revealed Jupiter has a few surprises in store...
- I was very sad to hear the author Denis Johnson died last week. His collection of short stories, Jesus's Son, is one of my favourites: Denis Johnson’s Perfect Short Story.
- Billy Collins on finding your voice.
- This week's musical recommendation is The Look by Metronomy. It's from their excellent album The English Riviera. I'm a big fan of the music video and that keyboard sound!
That's all for this week. If you enjoyed it, subscribe and you'll get the next one delivered to your inbox.