Here are the five things I thought were worth sharing this week:
- Ever wanted to see what a cymbal being hit looks like at 1000 frames per second? Today's your lucky day — Pretty cool huh?
- I find Elon Musk absolutely fascinating. He's the real-life inspiration for Iron Man's Tony Stark, co-founder of Paypal, CEO of SpaceX and Tesla (the electric car company)... I could go on, but I won't. Wait But Why (my new favourite website) wrote a great series of posts on Elon, electric cars, space, his companies and what makes them so important.
- "You never get it down. I don't know how to do this. You'd think I do, but it's not one of these things you ever really know how to do." Paul McCartney on songwriting.
- "Tell Me Who You Spend Time With, And I Will Tell You Who You Are" A great article by Ryan Holiday (another really interesting guy). His book The Obstacle Is The Way is one of my favourites.
- I listen to a lot of ambient music. It soothes my brain and helps me focus (here's an interesting article on that). Ben Lukas Boysen's new album Spells is excellent and has been keeping my ears well entertained as I work and read.