Five things #12
Here are the five things I thought were worth sharing this week:
- Last week I visited Kiev (Ukraine) for the first time. It's a beautiful city, the people are wonderful and it's a place that you can explore and walk around for hours — my favourite type of city! It beat my expectations in every way. I can't wait to go back.
- "Existence, he says, is fundamentally playful. It's less like a journey, and more like a piece of music or a dance. And the point of dancing isn't to arrive at a particular spot on the floor; the point of dancing is simply to dance." — A Nihilist's Guide to Meaning by Kevin Simler.
- I've been learning German with the help of Duolingo for several years now and they've just released a new app called Tinycards which is designed to help you "memorise anything quickly". Using flashcards to aid memorisation is a learning hack that I've come across a lot and I'm sure this app will be useful to my fellow Learners out there!
- If you want to be a better writer, read this. Fast and to the point — The Day You Became A Better Writer by Scott Adams.
- I recently finished reading Maximum Willpower by Jane McGonigal. It's an enlightening book on self-control and limitations of willpower. I wish I'd got round to reading it sooner!