Five things #13
Here are the five things I thought were worth sharing this week:
- Nonkeen (featuring the incredible and prolific Nils Frahm) have just released their second (!!!) album of 2016. It's a bit of an oddball, but saying that, the title is Oddments Of The Gamble (the first album was The Gamble) so it probably shouldn't be much of a surprise. Here it is on Spotify and here's a review by Clash.
- I recently came across the "Poet Laureate of Twitter" Brian Bilston. His poem Refugees is clever and wonderful. You'll find him on Twitter here.
- How technology disrupted the truth — A long-read on how social media and technology is changing/ threatening journalism and the world beyond. An article made all the more important and relevant given the apparent rise of "post-fact politics". Here it is in audio form.
- I've mentioned Seth Godin before on this blog. He's one of my favourite thinkers and someone who inspires me a great deal. I recommend reading EVERYTHING he writes, he's that good. His daily blog is a good place to start. These two posts from the last week are great.
- Christoph Niemann (@abstractsunday) is one of my favourite people to follow on Instagram. I particularly like his New Yorker covers.