Every Wednesday I share five things I liked and think you might like too. Here are this week’s five things…
- I agree with pretty much everything in this article. ‘Streaming exclusives’ are really not good for fans and surely not a good long term strategy if they end up driving people back to torrenting music.
- I love this Hugh Laurie quote.
“It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.”
- Hozier’s ‘Take Me To Church’ was one of my favourite pop songs (I use that term loosely!) from last year. I’d completely forgotten about this music video featuring the dancer Sergei Polunin. He’s an incredible dancer and a fascinating guy.
- I really enjoyed this conversation on the Invention Of Photography from Radio 4’s In Our Time. It’s not something I’d spent much time thinking about but a really interesting topic. This History Of Photography In 40 Photos is pretty cool too.
- I’m nearly always focused on learning something new (more on my current learning projects here). I’m currently working my way through CreativeLive’s excellent Fundamentals of Digital Photography course. If you are into photography (like me) I highly recommend it. Every CreativeLive course I have done has been well worth the money, it’s a brilliant resource.